Senior Broker – Cyber
Aon are currently recruiting a Senior Broker to join our Cyber team based in London, part of our Global Broking Centre.
The role is for a senior broking practitioner with deep technical knowledge and ability. Responsibility for providing advice to clients and colleagues on placement design, available coverage and capacity, likely pricing, potential coverage enhancements and market progress within scope of responsibility.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Global Broking Centre - London
The Global Broking Centre in London is an integral part of Aon’s global broking strategy. The GBC provides colleagues from across the Aon network with access to specialist brokers and client managers, dedicated client solutions and thought leadership, and significant global insurance capacity.
The GBC works with network colleagues to deliver market-leading solutions to Aon clients, creating a competitive advantage in our placement strategies worldwide
About the Role
As a Senior Broker some of your key responsibilities will involve:
Core functional activity:
- Client relationship management (direct clients and/or network)
- Client meetings
- Lead quote broking
Secondary functional activity:
- Providing benchmarking and placement advice to clients
- Establish and manage pipeline
- Produce and/or deliver tenders
- Present terms to client / network
- Review / Create / Enhance Submission
- Review draft / final MRC
- Firm Order broking (Ebix / wet stamps / email)
- Follow market broking
- Market relationship management
- Define marketing strategy (specific to placement)
- Record broking activity in market sheets
- Complete quote/firm order information in Brokasure including finalise MRC
- Provide invoicing instructions
- Provide technical wording advice to client/network
- Provide technical training / guidance to colleagues
- Coaching and mentoring
Occasional (optional) functional activity:
- File maintenance - ECM
- Send initial engagement to client/network
- Send Cover confirmation to client/network
- Scan / index final agreed slip
- SPS design / placement
- Issue invoice to client
- Respond to A/c queries
- Create BID documentation if required
- Create bespoke wordings / clauses (per client)
- Develop best in class product wordings (for SPS/product etc)
- File Reviews / Technical Reviews / Peer Reviews
- Develop strategy & goals
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Senior Broker your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Excellent understanding of London insurance market dynamics and core processes;
- Extensive knowledge Ability to use insurance industry IT systems to efficiently deliver client service;
- Experience of managing effective client relationships;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- High level of numeracy;
- Effective communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent understanding and application of compliance and FCA regulation;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application