Underwriting Performance Manager
Aon are currently recruiting an Underwriting Performance Manager to join our team in London / Chelmsford.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Aon Underwriting Managers
AUM undertakes underwriting and claims handling services on behalf of insurers and delivers expertise in specific product ranges or trade sectors. AUM focuses on commercial insurance products across Accident and Health, Property and Casualty, Financial Lines and Marine sectors. AUM fulfils many of the roles of an insurance company - underwrites (evaluates the risks and exposures of potential clients against the insurance covers), prices (determines the premium that is charged to ensure that risk), issues policies, mid-term adjustments and renewals and on some facilities, manages the claims handling and settlement.
AUM has an in-depth understanding of the diverse range of solutions that we offer, and our insurance products are specially designed and unique to Aon.
About the Role
Your impact as an Underwriting Performance Manager:
- In this new role successful applicant will lead on the design and reporting of underwriting performance on a $500m+ international, multi-product portfolio;
- Principle advisor to business management on performance related issues and strategy development;
- Liaising with insurer carrier partners to deliver data and analytics;
- Monitor ongoing performance of all existing placements and contribute towards new developments;
- Participate in the DUA planning process for new and renewing DUA’s;
- Leverage our data to support improved carrier capabilities;
- With detailed understanding of risk and exposure data, manage and deliver regular analysis and reporting;
- Working closely with Exposure Management and reporting to markets on CAT related events. (Predicted and actual losses);
- Liaising with in-house actuaries to develop performance and risk analytics;
- Working with underwriting managers and performance management colleagues to produce performance reports and presentations including, but not limited to:
- Executive performance summary;
- Portfolio profitability across AUM suite, carrier views and specific DUA’s;
- General business make-up of portfolio;
- Quote to bind ratios;
- Distribution reviews;
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Strong track record in delivering data and analytics reporting;
- Sound knowledge of Insurance Industry across multiple products;
- Team player / team-building ability;
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate well across organisation levels;
- Ability to analyse numerical data / spreadsheets is a fundamental requirement.
- Attention to detail and achieving high professional standards;
- Able to work proactively without direct supervision, as well as part of a team;
- Accurate and timely delivery of goals.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.