Aon are currently recruiting a Analytics Manager to join our team in London. The Analytics Manager will be primarily responsible for:
- Contributing to the development and delivery of analytics across Aon's Global Broking Centre (GBC) in the UK, bringing together industry-leading broking and data science expertise.
- Collaborating with Aon's UK and global Data & Analytics teams to maximise the value of key capabilties within the GBC.
- Partnering with broking teams and contribute to the production of strategic insights/MI to enhance the GBC's client value proposition, improve business operations and drive revenue across 11 specialties, Portfolio Solutions and Claims.
- Delivering required analytics to support the GBC's Central Management functions.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Global Broking Centre - London
The Global Broking Centre in London is an integral part of Aon’s global broking strategy. The GBC provides colleagues from across the Aon network with access to specialist brokers and client managers, dedicated client solutions and thought leadership, and significant global insurance capacity.
The GBC works with network colleagues to deliver market-leading solutions to Aon clients, creating a competitive advantage in our placement strategies worldwide.
About the Role
Your impact as a Analytics Manager:
- Efficiently deliver high-quality tactical analytics solutions, MI/reporting and analyses for the GBC’s Central Management functions and other senior stakeholders.
- Using industry experience and business knowledge, provide guidance and subject matter expertise to more technical analytics colleagues ensuring insights are relevant, well-understood and actionable by end-users.
- Maintain oversight of general data management and portfolio/business analysis across the wider-GBC and share best-practices to ensure work is scalable and consistent with Aon and industry-leading standards.
- Possible future line management responsibility for Analytics resources embedded within individual GBC Business Units, including specialty broking teams, Portfolio Solutions and Claims.
- Ensure and manage appropriate access to required data and insights to support strategic objectives.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of high-quality reference data.
- Identify and develop innovative opportunities to use data to enhance the GBC’s value proposition for clients, improve operational efficiency and/or increase revenue.
- Remain up-to-date and technically proficient with analytics tools and techniques to:
- Efficiently manage and analyse structured datasets, apply transformations, filters and conditions;
- Develop functional POCs and tactical solutions to deliver immediate value for business users;
- Communicate effectively between technical and non-technical colleagues;
- Collaborate with Aon's UK and global Data & Analytic Services, or other teams to industrialise POCs, and maximise the value from Aon’s more advanced analytics capabilities within the GBC.
- Create meaningful data visualisations that communicate specific findings and generate actionable insights, and which may contribute to internal and market-facing presentations.
- Manage the delivery and prioritisation of Data & Analytics projects, which may include supporting e.g. portfolio segmentation, product innovation, exposure and underwriting performance management, client benchmarking, carrier management, Aon network collaboration, or Structured Portfolio Solutions (SPS) including Aon Client Treaty.
- Communicate ongoing progress of projects and work with stakeholders to manage any risks to delivery.
- Coordinate with colleagues as required across Aon and contribute to the wider-Aon Data & Analytics community, e.g. UK Business Insights, AGRC Actuarial & Analytics, AUM, Exposure Management, ACIA, Aon Inpoint, Country/Regional Leadership, and Aon’s Global Specialties.
- Complete any additional ad-hoc analysis on the portfolio or GBC UK's business performance as required by various internal/external stakeholders from time to time.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Basic SQL knowledge.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tooling (preferably Power BI, but could include Qlik or Tableau).
- Intermediate level of profiency in Excel.
- Understanding of data structures and models.
- General understanding of more advanced analytics tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to bring detailed insurance industry and product knowledge/experience to analytics projects.
- General skills in statistical and mathematical reasoning, business communication and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex and technical information to non-technical colleagues and senior leaders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Degree educated in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or other quantitative field. Ideally ACII or comparable qualification.
- Comparable role managing the delivery of analytics, experience involving data analysis to solve business problems, and ideally prior experience directly in a broking or underwriting environment.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.