Broker / Client Specialist - Marine Hull
Aon are currently recruiting a Broker / Client Specialist to join our GBC Marine team, based in London or Chelmsford.
Working collaboratively with other Broker / Client Specialists and Team Leaders and in line with GBC strategy the role is responsible for managing client relationships in collaboration with colleagues with the London GBC and wider network account teams.
The role is accountable for the day to day running of the account (client service) and can include specific objectives for client retention, new existing and new/new business development within the specialty line of business.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is the leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and a global leader in human capital and management consulting. Our key advantage is our broad view of the insurance industry. With an employee base of 66,000 people working in 500 offices in more than 120 countries, we can anticipate how changes in one sector affect another.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Global Broking Centre – London/Chelmsford
The Global Broking Centre in London/Chelmsford is an integral part of Aon’s global broking strategy. The GBC provides colleagues from across the Aon network with access to specialist brokers and client managers, dedicated client solutions and thought leadership, and significant global insurance capacity.
The GBC works with network colleagues to deliver market-leading solutions to Aon clients, creating a competitive advantage in our placement strategies worldwide.
About the Role
As a Broker / Client Specialist some of your key responsibilities will involve:
Core functional activity:
- Client relationship management (direct clients and/or network).
- Work on new strategies and support innovation initiatives in conjunction with the wider team.
- Client meetings, including presenting to clients/prospects/network.
- Meeting team budget/forecast in conjunction with wider team.
- Present terms to client/network
- Produce and/or deliver tenders
- Providing benchmarking and placement advice to clients
- Provide technical wording advice to clients/network
- Firm Order broking
- Lead quote broking
- Follow market broking
- Define marketing strategy (specific to placement)
- Business travel, as appropriate.
- Review / create / enhance submission
- Review draft/final MRC
- Contract review of insurance and indemnity clauses within contracts.
- Create bespoke wordings / clauses (per client).
- Complete quote/firm order information in Brokasure including finalise MRC
- File maintenance - ECM
- Send initial engagement to client/network
- Send Cover confirmation to client/network
- Scan / index final agreed slip
- Provide invoicing instructions
Secondary functional activity:
- Establish and manage pipeline.
- Issue invoice to client
- Respond to A/c queries
- Create BID documentation if required
- File Reviews / Technical Reviews / Peer Reviews
- Market relationship management
- Develop strategy & goals
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Broker / Client Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Specialty knowledge – Marine Hull, Construction,
- Experience of managing client relationships
- Excellent client service skills
- Excellent understanding of London and Global insurance market dynamics and core processes;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- High level of numeracy;
- Good technical insurance knowledge;
- Ability to use insurance industry IT systems to efficiently deliver client service;
- Strong business acumen;
- Effective communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent understanding and application of compliance and FCA regulation;
- Ability to work well as part of a team and with network offices;
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application