Aon is looking for a Temporary Accounting Supervisor (Part-time)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting the Professional Services Group, in Montreal, QC. As a Accounting Supervisor, you will report directly to the Vice President and Director, Finance and will have one direct report.
Your impact as a Accounting Supervisor
- Supervise one employee and support other members of the Finance team;
- Manage and oversee daily accounting operations including Premium Processing (including tax filings and remittances), Accounts Payable;
- Manage and oversee Revenue Reporting/Processing for the Professional Services Group;
- Oversee month-end close activities including the preparation and approval of journal entries, running of reports and review of account reconciliations;
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements;
- Responsible for guidance and compliance on tax issues;
- Assist with tax return documentation;
- Prepare and review annual transfer pricing documentation;
- Assist in preparation and review of annual budget;
- Assist in preparation and review of annual cash flow;
- Assist in preparation of Board of Directors’ memo;
- Participate in special projects, prepare ad hoc reports, and other duties as required;
- Prepare various reports upon management’s requests to support the leadership team.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 4 to 7 years of accounting experience;
- Strong communications skills in English;
- Working proficiency of French is required;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines;
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Attention to detail;
- Self-motivated, resourceful and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Experience in the Insurance Broking Industry is an asset;
- Management or supervisory experience is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent years of industry experience.
- CPA (or equivalent) designation is required.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check regarding criminal offence in connection with the position offered, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.