Aon is looking for a Middle Market Broker
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting commercial risk. As a Broker you will report directly to the Senior Vice President in Portland.
Your impact as a Middle Market Broker
The Broker is responsible for the management of a complex portfolio of middle market accounts, including the placement and service, as well as ensuring client deliverables are maintained. This individual is accountable for acting as the representative for the local office or region on new business and renewal opportunities.
The individual leads by example as a strong sponsor of Aon’s Leadership Model; supporting local colleagues; promoting and ensuring connectivity, collaboration and cooperation within local office practices, functions and fostering the sharing of knowledge, best practices and resources around our Property and Casualty accounts.
- Perform the services of an Insurance Broker for Property, Casualty, Worker’s Compensation and Commercial Auto.
- Placement of new and renewal P&C programs including drafting submissions.
- Executing placements in short time frames and servicing those placements including their renewals.
- Analyze and review insurance programs for clients to determine optimum program including pricing, terms and conditions.
- Help with the development of new and innovative solutions for the Middle Market community.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the carriers and underwriters.
- Mentor and help develop associate brokers on the team.
- Work as a team member and collaborate with other colleagues within the Aon team.
- 5 - 10 years of experience placing and servicing P&C business.
- Solid knowledge of property, equipment, marine, EQ, and flood coverages.
- Strong understanding of Middle Market P&C risks and carrier appetites.
- Broad relationships with the carriers that write Middle Market P&C business.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Exceptional Microsoft Suite and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.