Aon is looking for a Manager, Product Management & Investor Relations
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Risk in Chicago, IL.
Your impact as a Manager, Product Management & Investor Relations
As an integral part of the U.S. Corporate Credit team, this individual must bring a diversified skill set to not only address LPs’ needs, but also equip key constituents in the Aon IPS-Capital Markets organization on its overall Corporate Credit strategies and capabilities. The Associate will need to partner closely with fellow Aon IPS-Capital Markets investment and business development (capital raising/sales) professionals globally. Equally important are: (i) investment and analytical acumen, (ii) an understanding of the competitive investment marketplace and (iii) product management capabilities, as Aon IPS-Capital Markets will look to evolve and improve its suite of Corporate Credit offerings over time. An entrepreneurial mindset and nimbleness will be vital to success.
To succeed in this role, the individual must possess a strategic orientation combined with strong analytical skills. In addition, this person is expected to be a conceptual thinker, creative, articulate and have the ability to understand and convey a variety of concepts at all levels. Outstanding execution and organization skills combined with excellent judgment and exemplary ethics and values are imperative.
- Develop fundraising and due diligence materials such as private placement memorandums (PPMs), pitch books, investor presentations, due diligence questionnaires (DDQs) and other correspondence
- Construct/review all client reporting deliverables and organize portfolio update calls or meetings
- Work directly with investors, IPS Capital Markets Leadership, as well as Aon’s internal Producers and Account Executives to communicate strategies directly, follow-up on investor/prospect specific inquiries related to specific strategies, and develop materials for use by the business development team and others as required
- Work across functions to obtain and synthesize information from the investment, reporting, and accounting teams in order to prepare communication materials
- Keep abreast of industry trends and Aon IPS-Capital Markets product development and performance to provide market information updates and trend analyses to clients and colleagues
- Draft written correspondence to investors including mass communications and customized meeting follow-up
- Develop and execute on strategic initiatives, identify market opportunities and conduct research to determine effective product launches
- Client Service and Relationship Management: share responsibilities to provide fundraising and portfolio updates. This individual will be point of contact on these matters and will help organize materials for LP meetings.
- Selling & Diligence: serve as a key point of contact for the Leadership team to demonstrate deep investment knowledge, identify and address concerns, and provide guidance through diligence. This individual will help in all aspects of developing and maintaining investment marketing and client materials.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 4+ years of work experience in a client service or product management role. Must have a blend of client service, investment capabilities and commercial sense.
- Preferably a firm understanding of sub-investment grade credit strategies and markets
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret and translate portfolio performance and analytics
- Strong relationship building skills; outgoing, collaborative, and inclusive style, well-developed ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with an ability to be nimble and work without a playbook
- Takes initiative with strong work ethic, intellectual honesty and curiosity
- Exhibits passion about alternative asset classes and has the ability to articulate market developments and the implications to clients and the Firm
- Proven interpersonal and consultative communication skills with well-developed presentation skills
- Ability to work well with a variety of people at all levels of the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and represent the Firm in a professional manner
- Exceptional attention to detail, placing a high priority on accuracy and organization
- Problem solver with ability to research solutions and suggest resolutions
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to set priorities, multi task, monitor own workload to meet aggressive deadlines, and re-prioritize as necessary
- Creative, ready to think outside the box and add input to improve existing workflows
- Proficiency in financial accounting and quantitative analysis skills
- Highly proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree required. M.B.A., CFA or an advanced degree a plus but not required
We offer you:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.