Aon is looking for a Director, Financial Planning & Analysis - CoverWallet
The CoverWallet Director of FP&A will be responsible for the organization’s financial relationship with CoverWallet, NVG, Aon Corporate, and finance leaders, ensuring that financial and strategic goals are attained.
- Key partner to CoverWallet CEO, Governance Board and NVG leadership
- Support strategic analysis and decision-making, provide financial insight into business decisions.
- Help business leaders formulate and operationalize strategy - assess the impact on Aon's financial goals and contribution towards our key metrics (organic growth, margin improvement, free cash flow improvement)
- Build credibility and become a trusted partner and advisor to business leaders. Bridge gaps between finance and the business, and ensure that business and non-finance leaders understand the importance of financial analysis for fact-based decision making
- Develop a deep understanding of CoverWallet operating model, distribution channels, product offerings and market solutions. Identify and communicate actionable insights around internal and external environmental factors impacting growth and profitability (i.e., trends, drivers, benchmarking, heat maps, competitor analysis)
- Lead development of cost allocation models, segment financial reports and analysis
- Oversee target-setting and preparation of annual budget
- Own the accuracy of monthly forecast, with strong interface between ASC finance teams, CoverWallet Executive Committee and New Ventures Group
- Maintain a strong partnership with Controllership, Accounting Operations, Legal, Internal Audit, Compliance, Engineering and Product Development teams
- Ensure the business adheres to, and actively manages, the revenue recognition policies and financial control procedures of the firm
- Challenge and create healthy debate with business partners on critical decisions, to pressure test ideas and assumptions. Present alternatives when appropriate
- Articulate complex finance concepts clearly, translate for leader consumption, and communicate such effectively
- Coordinate activities across finance functional teams including FP&A, Accounting Operations, Controllership, Treasury, and Tax
Key Actions and Skills:
- Results Driven – Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to translate the vision into actionable, quantitative plans. Ability to set clear and measurable performance plans, rigorously monitor progress against such plans, and link action to business priorities.
- Energy / Endurance – Shows passion, intensity and excitement, maintaining focus while balancing multiple priorities inside of a very dynamic environment
- Team Building – Ability to influence others and forge strong diverse teams of people with multiple perspective and talents. Inspire commitment, motivate and energize others towards a common goal.
- Communication / Interpersonal Skills – Must be highly articulate and able to make arguments in a compelling manner. Accessible, a good listener and visible to others. Outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Integrity – Acts with integrity above all else. Demonstrates a clear commitment to the highest standards of professional and personal conduct, and holds others to the same standard.
Experience / Education / Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and CPA preferred
- 12+ years of accounting / finance experience, preferably in the insurance / brokerage industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly with senior management
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience building / leading teams
- Experience leading change and process improvement
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.